Home Feedback Contents Search

Your New Corporation

Home Up


After you have incorporated a new business you will want to review the Tax and Compliance page for information on obtain tax identification numbers, a business license, and related information.  You should also do or consider the following.  Our practice can sometimes help with or perform some of these functions for your new corporation.  

    1)    Open a bank account in the name of your new corporation.  

    2)    Register your trade name if you have one.  A trade name is d/b/a or doing business as name that is different from your corporate name, a name by which your company is known.  

    3)    Register your company with the Secretary of State's office in other states in which your company does business.  

    4)    Register your trademark.

    5)    Existing sole proprietorships that become incorporated should look at all their customer and vendor relationships and re-write contracts as needed.  Purchase order, invoices, financing contracts should be between the customer/vendor one one hand and your corporation on the other hand.  

    6)    Consider subchapter-S election after review with an accountant.

Send mail to davidjreed@davidjreed.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: December 05, 2006